UNIQ began in 2010 as a summer school with the aim of raising the aspirations of students studying at UK state schools and colleges regarding their higher education choices. From 2018 UNIQ, through its range of summer schools, residential conference and digital learning platform, will help 1,900 students each year to make informed decisions about higher education and make competitive applications to Oxford.
UNIQ is open to students studying in their first year of further education and who are based at UK state schools/colleges. Students make a single application between December and January and can be selected to participate in one of three activities. In all of our activities we aim to give students a realistic view of Oxford student life. On UNIQ Spring or Summer participants live in an Oxford college/annexe and attend lectures and seminars in their chosen area, and workshops about applying to Oxford.
|UNIQ Summer||Oxford||July - August||1 Week||875|
|UNIQ Spring||Oxford||April||3 Days||100|
|UNIQ Digital||Home||March - October||1 hour a week||1000|
To make an application for 2018 you will need:
- At least six GCSE/National 5 (or equivalent) grades
- A short statement detailing interest in your chosen course (max. 750 characters) and motivation to attend UNIQ (max. 750 characters)
- School Information (Current UK state school and a past school)
- Your current A-level (or equivalent) courses
- Contact details of a current teacher referee