What is UNIQ?
UNIQ began in 2010 as a summer school with the aim of raising the aspirations of students studying at UK state schools and colleges regarding their higher education choices. From 2019 UNIQ will help 2,300 students each year to make informed decisions about higher education and make competitive applications to Oxford.
UNIQ is open to students studying in their first year of further education and who are based at UK state schools/colleges. Students make a single application between December and January and can be selected to participate in one of two activities. On UNIQ Spring or Summer participants live in an Oxford college/annexe, attend lectures and seminars in their chosen area and workshops about applying to Oxford. UNIQ Digital provides comprehensive information and guidance on the university admissions process, and aims to give participants a realistic view of Oxford student life through videos, activities and quizzes.
|UNIQ Spring & Summer||Oxford||April, July||5 Days/4 nights||1350|
|UNIQ Digital||Home||April - October||Variable||1000|
To make an application to UNIQ you will need:
- At least six GCSE/National 5 (or equivalent) grades
- A short statement detailing interest in your chosen course (max. 1200 characters)
- School Information (Current UK state school/college and a past school)
- Your current A-level/Scottish Higher (or equivalent) courses
- Contact details of a current teaching referee
- Contact details of a parent/guardian referee