Dates of course:
About Biology at Oxford:
The UNIQ Biology course will give you an insight into what being an undergraduate biologist at Oxford is like. Each day has a theme reflecting the options on offer on the degree course, which is taught by the Department of Biology.
In the UNIQ Biology Course, you may expect to experience:
- lectures covering topics typically found in the course
- hands-on experience and activities relating to studying the natural world, such as animal, ecological, and conservation research
- workshops with partner organisations such as the Botanic Gardens and Natural History Museum
- lab-based practicals to provide insights into the molecular aspects of biology
- face-to-face experience of the tutorial system of Oxford, and what its like to study Biology in a college with a dedicated tutor
- talks on the wider course stucture & fieldtrips, admissions process, career options in Biology and the Oxford interview
You must be studying Biology to A2, as well as either Maths, Physics or Chemistry, in order to apply to this course. This is in line with the subject requirements for the MBiol in Biology.
Please note, there other are dedicated Human Sciences, Biomedical, Psychology and Medicine UNIQ courses (see here). Applicants to the Biology course should have an interest in pursuing subjects covered by Oxford’s Biology undergraduate degree to make the most out of this course.